Fort Worth provides residential curbside garbage pickup one time per week in the residents choice of three brown cart sizes. The city also offers weekly collection of recycling in the blue carts and yard waste in the green carts. All weekly collections take place on the same day.
For items that are too large, heavy or bulky to fit into the brown garbage cart, curbside collection is made monthly.
- All garbage must be contained in garbage bags within the brown cart.
- The lid must be completely closed.
- Overstuffed carts will not be picked up.
- Bags left outside the cart will not be picked up (except city-issued Pay Bags).
- The cart must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your pickup day.
- You may set out your cart after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day.
- Place cart so that the handle faces your house and the serial number faces the street.
- Place cart a few inches from the curb or edge of the street; do not place cart in street.
- Retrieve cart from curb by midnight on your pickup day.
- City ordinance requires residents to store carts so they can’t be seen from a public street while standing in front of the house.
Missed Pickup? Garbage, recycling and yard waste missed collections must be reported within 24 hours after your pickup day. Call the customer call center at 817-392-1234.
Report an issue by phone:
The call center is open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
Get collection reminders and look up how to dispose of waste on your smartphone with the new City of Fort Worth Garbage & Recycling app.
City of Fort Worth curbside garbage and recycling services are provided by Waste Management and Knight Waste Services.