Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction and neighborhood vitality.
Fort Worth is experiencing a high demand for building permits and city staff is working hard to keep pace. This high permit demand may affect project review time.
Current approximate timeframes:
- Initial review time for residential permits: 8 business days.
- Initial review time for commercial permits with city plan review: 18 business days.
- Initial review time for commercial permits with third party plan review: 11 business days.
Planning and Design
- Area Plans
- Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Preservation
- Urban Design Districts
- Downtown Urban Design District
- Urban Villages
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Impact Fees
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
- Fort Worth's historic preservation ordinance to be updated
- Fort Worth recognized for preserving Texas history
Current Wait Times
|Wait times currently unavailable|
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Email Customer Service
City Hall, Lower Level
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102