Volunteer with Recreation
The Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department invites you to make a difference in your community.
The Park & Recreation Department’s volunteer program is a unique opportunity for community members to share their gifts and talents. We strive to place volunteers in a rewarding role that not only enhances city services, but also fulfills the volunteers’ sense of community pride.
Volunteer at a Community Center
Opportunities include youth sports coaches for baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, t-ball and volleyball; Best Years Club (senior program) volunteers; after school program volunteers; class instructors; school break camp volunteers; Camp Fort Worth volunteers and special event activity attendants. Please click on your preferred community center to find out more information and submit an application for any of these diverse opportunities.
- Andrew Doc Session Community Center
- Chisholm Trail Community Center
- Como Community Center
- Diamond Hill Community Center
- Eugene McCray Community Center
- Fire Station Community Center
- Greenbriar Community Center
- Handley Meadowbrook Community Center
- Highland Hills Community Center
- Hillside Community Center
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- North Tri-Ethnic Community Center
- Northside Community Center
- R.D. Evans Community Center
- Riverside Community Center
- Southside Community Center
- Southwest Community Center
- Sycamore Community Center
- Thomas Place Community Center
- Victory Forest Community Center
- Worth Heights Community Center
Volunteer to beautify a park
Volunteers help maintain and beautify our expansive park system. Find the park district where you would like to serve to obtain more details and apply for these opportunities.
- Central District Operations
- East District Park Operations
- North District Park Operations
- South District Park Operations
- West District Park Operations
Volunteers looking to make a long term impact can learn more about our adopt-a-park, adopt-a-street, adopt-a-median program here.
For one-time litter clean-up events in our parks, you can sign up and request supplies.
Volunteer at a Golf Course
Golf course volunteers are needed to help perform a variety of duties in order to maintain and repair golf course grounds and equipment. For more information and to complete an application, click on your preferred home course.
Volunteer at a Cultural Facility
Volunteers support local cultural facilities in an array of rewarding positons. Find the location to learn about and apply for the opportunities available.
- Community centers celebrate Thanksgiving with their communities
- Is your pumpkin getting mushy? Compost it
- City's mowing program continues through fall
- Task force proposes admission fee to help improve visitor experience at Botanic Garden
- Renovations making way for Dream Park
- Become a citizen forester
Thanksgiving Dinner at Hillside: 7 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Senior Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Rummage Sale at Southwest: 8 a.m. Nov. 29, 2018; Southwest Community Center, 6300 Welch Ave.
4200 S. Freeway, Suite 2200
Fort Worth, TX 76115
View on a map »