The city’s Emergency Management staff will be at several locations throughout September to assist residents with programming their weather radios. These radios provide important alerts for hazardous weather.
The NOAA All Hazard Weather Radios with SAME technology allows listeners to program their weather radios to receive alerts for one county instead of the full National Weather Service coverage area. Programming the radios can seem challenging, so bring your radio and staff can assist.
Programming assistance will be available at these locations:
- Sept. 5, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., East Berry Library, 4300 E. Berry St.
- Sept. 5, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Eugene McCray Community Center, 3942 Wilbarger St.
- Sept. 12, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Southwest Community Center, 6300 Welch Ave.
- Sept. 12, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Wedgewood Library, 3816 Kimberly Lane.
- Sept. 19, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Shamblee Library, 1062 Evans Ave.
- Sept. 19, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 N.E. 36th St.
- Sept. 26, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Ridglea Library, 3628 Bernie Anderson Ave.
Information on the regional KnoWhat2Do emergency preparedness campaign as well as incentives to build a family emergency supply kit will also be available.
To learn more about safety resources, visit the Fort Worth Emergency Management page.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Fort Worth Zoo reopens to the public May 29
- New transit option in Crowley starts June 1
- Read Fort Worth salutes parents after an extraordinary school year
- City taking steps to limit impact of egrets in south Fort Worth
- Camp Fort Worth's start will be delayed this summer
- More News »
Housing Neighborhood Services Committee: 2 p.m. June 2, 2020; Virtual.
View the agenda »
City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled Financial Empowerment Workshop Series: 6 p.m. June 2, 2020; Northside Community Center, 1100 N.W. 18th St.
Register for this event »
City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.