The Las Vegas Trail Mobile Community Center hits the road this week.
The United Way of Tarrant County is re-partnering with service providers to offer important programs to the residents of Las Vegas Trail. The bus will be in the community and available for a variety of services, including financial coaching and career development, counseling and educational classes.
“The mobile community center will precede a permanent center, and it will allow us to begin delivery of services soon than later,” said District 3 Councilmember Brian Byrd.
Tour the bus on March 15 at one of these locations:
- 12:30-2:15 p.m., YMCA, 8201 Calmont Ave.
- 2:30-4:30 p.m., Western Hills United Methodist Church, 2820 Laredo Drive.
- 4:45-6:30 p.m., Emerald Hill Apartments, 8950 N. Normandale St.
The first 30 people to visit the mobile community center will win a $10 gas gift card.
LVTRise is a partnership whose goal is to improve life near Las Vegas Trail. The mile-long stretch of low-income apartments and rundown motels on Fort Worth’s west side have prompted city leaders to take a closer look at the area with a goal of ending the cycle of poverty, neighborhood deterioration, high unemployment and underperforming schools.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Take action on your Municipal Court cases during Warrant Forgiveness Month
- TEXRail ridership exceeds 11,000 in opening weekend
- MLK memorial to be unveiled downtown
- Sales tax collections up 6.9 percent in November
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day closing schedule
- More News »
Golden Triangle Boulevard & Harmon Road Roundabout Project Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019; O.A. Peterson Elementary School Gym, 2000 Winter Hawk Drive.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Civil Service Commission: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex, Auditorium, 505 West Felix Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.