Not all heroes wear capes. In fact, some you might not even know exist.
The North Texas Tollway Authority provides free roadside assistance on the Chisholm Trail Parkway and other area toll roads. The Roadside Safety Services (RSS) team was assembled to assist stranded motorists, remove dangerous debris from the road, protect drivers and first responders at accident scenes, and keep traffic flowing smoothly. They’re also ready to help during disasters, regional emergencies and evacuations.
There’s no room for error when traffic is zipping by at top speeds. That’s why RSS team members go through six weeks of training to learn service protocols and field safety before going out on the road to keep drivers safe.
RSS offers these services for stranded motorists:
- Changing flat tires.
- Adding water to radiators.
- Providing a gallon of gas.
- Jump-starting dead batteries.
- Towing vehicles off the road.
- Making minor vehicle repairs.
- Clearing road debris and cleaning up after accidents.
Although the RSS team is constantly on the lookout for stranded motorists, you don’t have to wait for them to find you. Call the number on your TollTag: 214-224-2203. In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Take action on your Municipal Court cases during Warrant Forgiveness Month
- TEXRail ridership exceeds 11,000 in opening weekend
- MLK memorial to be unveiled downtown
- Sales tax collections up 6.9 percent in November
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day closing schedule
- More News »
Golden Triangle Boulevard & Harmon Road Roundabout Project Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 21, 2019; O.A. Peterson Elementary School Gym, 2000 Winter Hawk Drive.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Civil Service Commission: 6 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex, Auditorium, 505 West Felix Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Jan. 22, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.