If you’re a college student looking for a way to earn some income this summer, or if you’d like to pick up some seasonal work, then the Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department wants to talk to you.
The department is hiring part-time employees to assist with summer programming and to help manage facilities during the next several months.
Full job descriptions are available on the City of Fort Worth’s jobs portal.
Examples of jobs the Park & Recreation Department is hiring for:
- Camp leader. Make a positive impact on kids between the ages of 5-13 as part of Camp Fort Worth, a day camp held at all 20 of Fort Worth’s community centers. Note: Apply online before the hiring fair on April 8.
- Lifeguard. Supervise guests in Fort Worth aquatics facilities, including Forest Park Pool, Marine Park Pool and Sycamore Spray Ground. Tryouts and certification classes ongoing.
- Pool/lifeguard manager. Accountable for the basic managerial responsibilities of swimming pool operations. Must be at least 18 years old and possess current lifeguard certification.
- Pool attendant. Pool attendants are responsible for point-of-sales transactions at city aquatics facilities and assist with enforcing pool rules.
- Golf shop attendant. Six positions are available individuals looking to perform a range of duties relative to the daily operation of the golf shop at Fort Worth municipal courses.
- Golf cart attendant. This position performs the maintenance, cleaning, and staging of the golf cart fleet at municipal courses.
- Food and beverage attendant. Six part-time food and beverage attendant positions are available. Attendants will perform a range of duties at the snack bar of the city’s municipal golf courses.
- Game official for adult athletics. The Adult Athletics division is hiring for several positions that will officiate adult sports basketball, slow-pitch softball and volleyball at the recreational level.
- Sports field monitor. Several positions are available for this position, which will help manage small crowds at adult and youth sporting events, ensure games stay on schedule, keep score and maintain records for games, and monitor other aspects of the facility before, during, and after athletic events.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News