Neighborhood Improvement Strategy
Neighborhood Improvement Strategy is a pilot program aimed at using data about neighborhoods to make communities more vital and raise the quality of life.
Vital neighborhoods provide decent affordable housing, high-performing schools, attainable health care and social services, accessible employment, connective transportation, active retail and commercial areas, safe streets, and sustainable infrastructure. To achieve this in identified neighborhoods, the program has two sets of goals:
- Improve public safety
- Invest in improvements to the area's physical characteristics
- Increase community engagement
- Promote economic revitalization
- Provide supportive services to reduce poverty and create paths to self-sufficiency
- Notice of Request for Proposals for public service agencies & nonprofits interested in applying for funds under the following grant programs: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
- Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, Home Investment Partnership (Home) Program
- Utility service assistance available to Fort Worth residents
908 Monroe Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Housing Services & Information, Directions Home, Management & Budget, Home Improvement & Construction