Can’t find what you need in the Fort Worth Library catalog?
Try using Interlibrary Loan (ILL), where you can request almost any material from Texas Group Catalog, a combined database of items owned by over 500 public libraries in Texas and other participating libraries in the United States.
How to Place an ILL Request
Please check the Fort Worth Library catalog before requesting materials through ILL. Requests for items owned by Fort Worth Library will be cancelled. E-resources are not available through ILL.
- Search for material by title, author, or subject in the Texas Group Catalog using the basic default search or the Advanced Search
- Refine your results list by clicking a format: author, year, language, content, audience, or topic in the left-hand navigation bar
- When you find the item you wish to request, click on the title
- Click on the Request Item button below the blue Find a Copy bar
- Choose Fort Worth Library from the drop-down list. Note that you should check the keep me logged in box unless you are on a public computer
- Click Continue and log in with your library card number and password
- On the Request This Item screen, complete all required fields and include any patron instructions
- Select a pickup location
- You must include an email address if you want to be notified about cancelled items
- Click Continue to submit your request
Your ILL requests can be reviewed by logging in to My Requests once you are on the Texas Group Catalog page.
Please note that ILL materials may take two to six weeks to arrive. If you have questions about your request, contact the ILL office at 817-392-7731.
If you need help requesting an ILL, please contact your local library branch for assistance.
Viewing requests you have placed
- Sign in to www.texasgroup.worldcat.org and click on My Requests in dropdown under Texas Group Catalog in the top left corner.
- Choose “Fort Worth Library” as your home library. Click on “Continue”.
- Enter your library card number in the “username” field. Enter the password of your library account in the “password” field.
- A new screen will appear with a list of all of your requests.
Interlibrary Loan Status Definitions
- Pending: Interlibrary loan request is still being processed
- Shipped: Material has been shipped from the lending library
- Received: Item has been received by Interlibrary Loan department.
- Returned: Interlibrary Loan has been returned to the loaning library
Frequently Asked questions
Who can use ILL?
ILL privileges are available to Fort Worth residents and property owners with a current Library card in good standing. TexShare and temporary card holders are ineligible to use Fort Worth Library’s ILL service. Non-resident library card holders may use ILL services by paying normal Non-resident fees.
How many requests can I have?
There is a maximum limit of 10 active ILL requests per card. If using multiple cards ILLs must be checked out with the same Fort Worth card used to place the request.
Are there any fees?
There is no charge for most ILL request. If a lending library charges fees to loan their materials, we would proceed only with your pre-approval of the cost.
Fines for items returned overdue still apply.
If an item is lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for the replacement cost plus any additional processing fees assessed by the lending library. ILL will contact the lending library to determine that amount.
All paperwork and identification stickers included with an ILL must be returned. Fines may be charged if lost or removed.
How long can I keep an item?
Due dates are determined by the lending library and posted on each item. To ensure the longest borrowing time ILL items should be checked out as quickly as possible after notification of their arrival.
One renewal of 2 weeks may be requested from the lending library if the item is not overdue. If the renewal is not granted by the lending library you will receive notification, and be asked to return the item as soon as possible.
ILL users or local library staff must contact Interlibrary Loan to submit a renewal request.
How long will it take to get my ILL?
Please allow several weeks (2-6) for processing and mailing.
Where do I pick up and return my ILL?
ILLs will be held at your selected Fort Worth Library branch until the due date posted on the item.
ILLs may be checked out from and returned to Fort Worth Library locations only.
Still can’t get what you need?
ILL requests are considered for purchase for the library collection. You may also make a Suggestion for Purchase through the Fort Worth Library catalog.
For additional information, contact the Fort Worth Library ILL unit :
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
- Library Advisory Board
Follow the Library
Last updated: Sept. 1, 2017