Curbside Service and Limited Walk-in Service
Hours for curbside and limited walk-in service are 10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Tuesday - Friday, and noon - 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Customers are encouraged to continue to use curbside service to pick up and return physical items, and also to take advantage of the digital library.
- Items for curbside pickup must be reserved online in advance. Pickup is by appointment only.
- Learn about curbside procedures here.
Limited Walk-in Service
- Visitors may stay inside a facility only for one hour (60 minutes) per day, including computer use and materials checkout.
- Items may be checked out using only the self-service checkout kiosks at each location.
- Occupancy will be limited to no more than 25 percent of building capacity. Interiors have been reconfigured and modified to encourage 6-foot physical distancing and provide additional protection.
Programming will continue to be delivered online only during this time. Click here to view information about upcoming virtual programming
Curbside Service and Limited Walk-in Service Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a Fort Worth Public Library card when the library is closed?
How can I renew my library card?
Library cards due for renewal can be renewed at any Fort Worth Public Library open for limited walk-in service or by emailing DigitalLibrary@fortworthtexas.gov.
How do I access the digital library?
Start on this page to browse and check out eBooks, audiobooks, videos, music and more. Enjoy them from your computer or personal device.
I have materials that are due. How do I return them?
You may return items via curbside and return items through the book drop at all locations. All items will be placed in quarantine for 7 days before being placed back on shelves. Please allow 7 days before your account will show your items as returned.
There are no late fines for materials returned in good condition after the due date. The Fort Worth Public Library stopped charging fines for late materials on Oct. 1, 2019. If materials are from inter-library loan or a MetrOPAC library and were borrowed through the Fort Worth Public Library, there will be no late fines.
What do I do if I have an item on hold?
I still have a question, is it possible to talk to someone?
Call 817-392-7715 to speak to a staff member during curbside hours, Tuesday - Friday 10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and Saturday from noon - 5 p.m., or send an email to DigitalLibrary@fortworthtexas.gov.
- After Hours Meeting Room Rental
- Behavior Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Co-Sponsorship of Community Programs
- Early Literacy iPad Loan Agreement
- Exhibitor Policy
- Gifts Policy
- Laptop Loan Agreement
- Materials Collection Policy
- Meeting Room Use Policy
- Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Naming/Recognition Policy
- Nonlibrary Materials Policy
- Public PC, Internet and Wireless Use Policy
- Unattended Child Policy
Last updated: Sept. 1, 2020