I, _________________________________, understand and agree to the following rules and regulations concerning library laptop use:
- All borrowers must use their library cards to reserve laptops or present their Texas State identification cards to library staff.
- Borrowers are responsible for the laptop hardware and software. Borrowers will reimburse the library for any damages, up to and including the cost of the laptop, if the laptop or software is damaged, lost, or stolen while checked out to them.
- Laptops may only be used inside the library building. They may only be used in the general public areas. Use in meeting rooms and rest rooms is not permitted.
- Laptops should not be left unattended in the library. If borrowers must leave the library or the area where they are using a library laptop, they may leave the laptop at the customer service desk until they return.
- Laptops may be borrowed for a maximum of two (2) hours per day. Laptops must be returned to library staff thirty (30) minutes prior to library closing even if this does not allow the borrower to use the laptop for the entire two-hour loan period.
- Laptops must be returned to a staff member at the customer service desk when the loan period ends. The laptop is the borrower’s responsibility until it has been placed in the hands of a staff member.
- Borrowers must leave the power on when returning a laptop so staff can check the components prior to checking in the laptop.
- Borrowers may not change laptop settings or configurations or save anything to the laptop’s hard drive.
- The library is not responsible for any damage or loss of the borrower’s data or media due to any cause.
- Borrowers are reminded to take appropriate caution with personal information while using library laptops. Search history and other activity are deleted when laptops are returned, but library wireless connections are not secure.
- Use of library laptops is governed by the Library’s Public PC, Internet and Wireless Use Policy. This policy is available on the library’s web site.
- Borrowers under the age of 17 are not allowed to borrow library laptops.
Last updated: Sept. 7, 2012