The city’s Lead-Safe Program (LSP) is committed to creating a lead-safe environment for the children and residents of Fort Worth. The program helps income-eligible residents protect children (under age six) from lead when they live or spend extended periods of time in a home with lead. Services include free lead-based paint home inspections, lead-based paint hazard reduction services and community education.
Lead-Safe Program services include:
- Lead-based paint inspections and risk assessments
- Testing of children under the age of six for lead poisoning
- Interior and/or exterior painting using lead-safe work practices
- Specialized cleaning techniques to address lead dust
- Replacement of hazardous lead-contaminated components such as doors, windows, and siding if necessary
- Treatment of contaminated dirt around the home
Download the Policies and Procedures to learn more.
200 Texas St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102
818 Missouri Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104