Departments > Financial Management Services

Alcohol Permit

To obtain an alcohol permit in the City of Fort Worth, complete the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission application, and take it to a notary before signing.

Once the application is complete, follow these steps:

  1. Bring the application to the city's zoning counter, located on the lower level of City Hall, 200 Texas St., to receive zoning approval.
  2. Once zoning approval is obtained, the applicant will receive an Alcohol Permit Location Verification form. Applications should fill out this file with the property's legal description (lot, block and addition). Applications will not be processed without this information. Take the completed form to the permitting desk, also on the lower level of City Hall, to apply for a Distant Check permit (cost for the permit is $50).
  3. These documents will be given to the chief building inspector to complete a distance check inspection, and the applicant will be notified when the inspection is completed.
  4. Pick up the forms at the permitting center and take them to the central cashier for review and acknowledgement of any fees that may be required for the specific permit type(s).
  5. Take the documents to the City Secretary's Office, located on the third floor of City Hall, to verify the “wet/dry” status of the location and sign off on the form.

If the application is denied for distance or zoning issues, there will be paperwork attached explaining the denial and what recourse is available, including zoning changes or distance variances.

The City of Fort Worth levies and collects a fee not to exceed one-half of the State Fees paid to TABC for permits issued. Please refer to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Guide for Tax Assessor-Collectors for a list of State Fees Paid to TABC.

For a full listing of the fees or information about which liquor code applies to a type of business, visit the TABC website.