Assessment of Fair Housing
The City of Fort Worth is embarking on a year-long effort to create a fair housing plan – the Assessment of Fair Housing.
The plan, which is required by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), will collect community input and look at housing-related data to develop a five-year strategy aimed at increasing access to housing that gives members of protected classes access to greater opportunity. Learn more about the process.
The City of Fort Worth’s Draft Assessment of Fair Housing document is now available for public comment through Dec. 8, 2017. The draft document is available here, and a physical copy will be made available at the following locations, staring Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017:
- Neighborhood Services Department: City Hall Annex, 3rd Floor, 908 Monroe Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- East Regional Library: 6301 Bridge Street, Fort Worth, TX 76112
- Southwest Regional Library: 4001 Library Land, Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Central Library: 500 W. 3rd Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Northside Branch Library: 601 Park Street, Fort Worth, TX 76164
- East Berry Branch Library: 4300 E. Berry, Fort Worth, TX 76105
- Nov. 29: Public hearing on the assessment at City Council, Conference Room 290.
- Dec. 5: Public hearing on the assessment at City Council, Conference Room 290.
- Dec. 12 (tentative): City Council approves AFH.
- Jan. 1, 2018: Final HUD deadline
Fair Housing Data
All cities across the country that receive federal grant funds from HUD, are required to prepare an Assessment of Fair Housing. HUD helps the process by providing data analysis and a mapping tools for each city’s population, federally-assisted housing, and a number of other factors which affect local access to opportunity.
Information will be posted as engagement activities are completed.
For more information about the assessment process, contact David Reitz.
- Utility service assistance available to Fort Worth residents
- Volunteer with VITA to help provide free income tax assistance for families in Tarrant County
908 Monroe Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Housing Services & Information, Directions Home, Management & Budget, Home Improvement & Construction